Free SSL by Let's Encrypt!
Free SSL for all you domains
Kickassd + Let's Encrypt = 🔒
We give people the digital certificates they need in order to enable HTTPS (SSL/TLS) for websites, for free, in the most user-friendly way we can. We do this because we want to create a more secure and privacy-respecting Web.
The key principles are:
- Free: You can use Let’s Encrypt to obtain a trusted certificate for all your domains hosted at Kickassd. at zero cost.
- Automatic: Software running on our web server interacts with Let’s Encrypt to painlessly obtain a certificate, securely configure it for use, and automatically take care of renewal.
- Secure: Let’s Encrypt will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices.
- Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- Open: The automatic issuance and renewal protocol is published as an open standard that others can adopt.
- Cooperative: Much like the underlying Internet protocols themselves, Let’s Encrypt is a joint effort to benefit the community, beyond the control of any one organization.
What is SSL?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client (typically a web server (website) and a browser), or a mail server and a mail client (e.g., Outlook).
SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, and login credentials to be transmitted securely. Normally, data sent between browsers and web servers is sent in plain text—leaving you vulnerable to eavesdropping. If an attacker is able to intercept all data being sent between a browser and a web server, they can see and use that information.
More specifically, SSL is a security protocol. Protocols describe how algorithms should be used. In this case, the SSL protocol determines variables of the encryption for both the link and the data being transmitted.
SSL secures millions of peoples' data on the Internet every day, especially during online transactions or when transmitting confidential information. Internet users have come to associate their online security with the lock icon that comes with an SSL-secured website or green address bar that comes with an extended validation SSL-secured website. SSL-secured websites also begin with https rather than http.
How to enable Let's Encrypt SSL at KickassdKickassd makes needing to pay and update for SSL's almost a thing of the past. You can easily have a free signed auto-renewing SSL issued for any of your domains in only a few seconds.
In your cPanel scroll down until you see the "Let's Encrypt SSL" icon and open it, select the domain you want to issue a SSL for and click "Issue".
Check the "Install mail SMTPS/POP3S/IMAPS SSL certificate for ops.kickassd.com" box than hit the "issue" button. It should take 10-15 seconds and voila you have your free signed SSL! The SSL will renew itself every 3 months so you do not have to worry about it.
Of course if you run into any problems at all or have questions don't hesitate to contact our friendly and fanatical support department!